Evelyn Lozada Divorces Chad Johnson After 40 Days Of Marriage

Evelyn Lozada has filed for divorce from Chad Johnson almost six weeks after the estranged couple's July 4 wedding, it has been revealed.

The "Basketball Wives" star moved out of their marital home on Saturday, following a domestic violence incident which left her injured and saw Johnson, 34, arrested and taken into police custody. She reportedly filed divorce papers in a Miami, Florida courtroom on Tuesday, according to TMZ.com.

On Tuesday, Lozada released her first public statement regarding the incident in which she slammed her estranged husband for allegedly telling police that she was the aggressor during their dispute over a receipt for condoms.

"I am deeply disappointed that Chad has failed to take responsibility for his actions and made false accusations against me," Lozada told TMZ.com. "It is my sincere hope that he seeks the help he needs to overcome his troubles. Domestic violence is not okay and hopefully my taking a stand will help encourage other women to break their silence as well."

According to police, Lozada confronted Johnson about a receipt for condoms that she found which is reportedly when violence ensued, according to Davie Police Department Capt. Dale Engle.

"It gets pretty heated," Engle told The Sun Sentinel. "By the time they get home here in Davie it's pretty heated. She alleges he leaned over and head butted her. He says she leaned towards him and that they butted heads. Needless to say, she has a good laceration on her forehead."

Lozada was treated at the scene before being transported to a nearby hospital where she was treated for her injuries. Johnson was arrested and spent the night at Broward County jail before posting $2500 bail the following day.

As a result of his domestic violence charges the 11-year NFL veteran was cut by the Miami Dolphins and his and Lozada's "Ev & Ocho" reality TV show was axed just weeks before it was scheduled to air.

Johnson has been ordered by a judge to stay away from Lozada and to avoid all contact until his charges are resolved.