Stevie Nicks has announced that Fleetwood Mac intends to reunite next year on a 2013 tour while on CBS Wednesday morning.
"It's the plan," said the 64-year-old singer. "Because that's what we do. I do my thing, and Lindsey [Buckingham's] out doing his thing."
A reunion has been long awaited. Last year, Buckingham indicated that the group wanted to reunite while speaking with Rolling Stone magazine.
"Nothing is on the books right now," he noted.
Fleetwood Mac was in the news for different reasons last month. The apparent suicide of the group's guitarist Bob Welch shocked the music industry as well as Nicks.
"I can't even tell you what in the world would have pushed him to do something that crazy," said the singer.
The 66-year-old former vocalist and guitarist for the band was found by his wife at their home in South Nashville, Tenn. in early June.
Welch was a member of Fleetwood Mac from 1971 to1974. When he resigned, the group added members Nicks and Buckingham. It was then that Fleetwood Mac produced hit singles such as "Dreams" and "Don't Stop."
Today, only Fleetwood Mac members Nicks, Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie remain. Vocalist Christine McVie left the band in 1998.
The band, whose 1977 album "Rumours" produced four Top 10 singles- last reunited in 2009 for their "Unleashed" tour.
Twitter users are abuzz over the new information about Fleetwood Mac reuniting, with the band becoming a trending topic on the site Thursday.
"Fleetwood Mac are reforming," exclaimed Liam via Twitter. "That's off the chain!"
Cat wrote, "I hear Fleetwood Mac are touring next year… TICKETS PLEASE!!!!"
"Omg omg omg omg Fleetwood Mac are reuniting next year," posted Em. Please don't let the world end in December!"
"Best News EVER," wrote Jeeves, while Andry posted, "Today is officially amazing!"