Hacker Warns of Zombies: TV Broadcast Hacked to Warn Viewers of Zombie Attack (VIDEO)

Expand | Collapse
(Photo: YouTube/CNN Screen Shot)A hacker has warned of a zombie attack in Montana, taking over a local TV broadcast to send out its warning to unsuspecting viewers.

A hacker has attempted to warn the nation about an impending attack by zombies. The incident happened in Montana when a local TV station's regular programming was hacked and interrupted by the hacker's warning of a so called zombie apocalypse.

Bosses at the Montana Television Network have confirmed that hackers managed to break into the Emergency Alert System of Great Falls affiliate KRTV and its CW station on Monday to broadcast their zombie message to unsuspecting viewers.

The hackers reportedly broadcast a message warning viewers that "dead bodies are rising from their graves" across a number of Montana counties, sparking a wave of concern among baffled viewers to the network.

However, the network confirmed that the broadcast was a hack prank, and that there was indeed no zombie emergency. Bosses have also confirmed that the television network's engineers were investigating the issues.

It was also reported that a number of viewers called police after the broadcast emergency message, asking for updates and confirmation about the zombie attack. They, however, would later find out that it was all a prank by hackers.

The story comes following a wave of reports concerning so-called zombie attacks last year, with arguably one of the most horrific taking place in May 2012.

Expand | Collapse
Twitter: Ronald PoppoRonald Poppo, 65, requires facial reconstructive surgery after having his face chewed off 31-year-old Rudy Eugene

In that incident the nation was left stunned after attacker, Rudy Eugene, who some suspect may have been high on bath salts, was described as a "zombie" as he attacked homeless man Ronald Poppo and started tearing off and eating his face.

Eugene was seen by witnesses walking around naked alongside the MacArthur Causeway in Miami before accosting Poppo.

Poppo, who was sleeping at around 2 p.m. when the incident occurred, awoke being beaten by Eugene. Eugene beat Poppo semi-unconscious before undressed the lower half of his dazed victim before straddling him and ripping up his face with his teeth. As a result of the attack Poppo suffered horrific injuries, but survived, and is in his recovery underwent a series of surgeries and skin grafts to try and recover some of his face. He has however apparently lost one of his eyes, which was gauged out, and most of his nose.

"It looks like his eyes are gone – or at least one is totally missing - so the orbits need to be reconstructed by an ophthalmologist. The most challenging aspect of the surgery will be his nose, which seems to also have been eaten off," Dr. Salzhauer, who is treating Poppo reported last year.

Eugene, who is suspected to have been on bath salts, was shot and killed by police after refusing to stop the cannibal attack.

Here is a video report of the incident: