Heather Graham's NYC Apartment Catches Fire

Heather Graham's New York City penthouse was in danger recently, according to reports from this past weekend.

New York firefighters were dispatched to the 42-year-old actress' Manhattan home Saturday night after an accident involving candles started an emergency situation.

The New York Post reported that Graham had left candles burning in her bathroom when clothes hanging nearby caught on fire.

"It was candles that maybe caught some clothes that were left near the tub," FDNY Chief John Bley told The Post.

FDNY officials arrived to the Union Square home at around 10 p.m. that night, according to the paper. The fire took around 45 minutes to extinguish.

Meanwhile, Graham has not commented on the incident.

The Milwaukee native got her acting break in the critically acclaimed 1989 film "Drugstore Cowboy." Graham went on to star in films such as "Boogie Nights," "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me," and "The Hangover," among others.

The actress will appear in the upcoming sequel film "The Hangover Part III."

Graham is not the first celebrity to come "under fire," and stars' homes have been threatened with flames in the past.

Sean Penn lost two homes in house fires in Malibu: one was a $4 million home, according to TMZ.

In 2001, actress Drew Barrymore lost her Beverly Hills, Calif. home after it was engulfed in flames.

"We are great, but we lost everything," Barrymore told television reporters at the time.

More recently, English businessman and the founder and chairmen of Virgin Airlines Sir Richard Branson lost his Caribbean home in 2011.

The luxury compound on Necker Island caught on fire after it was struck by lightning, causing Branson's family and guests, including such as his mother and actress Kate Winslet, to flee.

"We had a really bad tropical storm with winds up to 90 mph," explained Branson at the time while speaking to ITV. He added that the fire "ripped through the house very quickly."

The business tycoon also noted that the Oscar Award-winning actress saved his mother.

"Kate Winslet, her boyfriend and her family were there," said Branson. "My mother was there and they managed to get her out and she is fine."