James Holmes will stand trial for killing 12 people and injuring dozens of others in last year's Aurora, Colorado theater shooting at a "Batman" movie screening, a judge ruled on Thursday.
Arapahoe County District Judge William Sylvester agreed with prosecutors that there was probable cause after hearing evidence over a three day hearing featuring arguments from attorneys.
Holmes has been ordered to be tried on all charges put before him, and it was also ruled the 25 year old suspect will be held without bail until his trial.
Holmes is charged on numerous counts for murder and attempted murder, stemming from the July 20 shootings at "The Dark Knight Rises" opening showing at a theater in Aurora, Colorado.
Earlier in the week police detective Sgt. Matthew Fyles revealed a number of bizarre photographs that were recovered from Holmes' cell phone during their investigation.
Along with other evidence revealed by prosecutors, Holmes was portrayed as a person who meticulously planned out his attack months in advance. In one of the images Holmes was shown making a scowling face as he stuck out his tongue, as he held bomb-making equipment. In another photo he is shown whistling.
Prosecutor Karen Pearson told the court, "He didn't care who he killed. He intended to kill them all."
Holmes is currently facing 166 charges including murder, attempted murder, as well as weapons violations from the July 20, 2012 shooting.
Holmes reportedly went on a mass shooting spree in a Colorado movie theater killing 12 and injuring 58 others, watching the latest Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises."
The shooter wore a bullet proof vest and a gas mask at the time of the shooting, and was carrying multiple weapons with him.
Prosecutors have not yet decided whether or not to seek the death penalty. Legal analysts have commented that they expect Holmes' lawyers to put up an insanity defense, but his legal team said they would not be ready to enter a plea at the next court hearing in the case on Friday.