Jerry Lawler 'The King' Suffers Heart Attack During Live Broadcast, in Stable Condition After Surgery

"The King" is still alive after suffering a heart attack during a live broadcast of World Wrestling Entertainment's "Monday Night Raw." Jerry Lawler is expected to make a full recovery after collapsing at ringside during the program.

"Jerry 'The King' Lawler suffered a heart attack while commentating during last night's broadcast of Monday Night Raw in Montreal. We are hopeful Jerry makes a full recovery and returns to WWE in the near future. Our thoughts are with Jerry and his family," a statement from the WWE said.

Fans were left stunned when Lawler collapsed, and though officials decided to continue with the broadcast's regularly scheduled programming, Lawler was rushed to a nearby hospital. His co-commentator, Michael Cole, attempted to keep viewers updated on Lawler's condition throughout the rest of the show.

Many immediately took to Twitter to express their concern and well wishes for Lawler. One notable tweet came courtesy of Jim Ross, who was at one time Lawler's co-commentator and is now his friend. Ross himself suffered a heart attack a few years ago and expressed his great concern.

"I'm shaken by the news of my friend Jerry Lawler's medical emergency in Montreal. Hands shaking. Prayers for the King. I feel helpless," Ross tweeted. His comments were so popular that they have been retweeted 4,018 times since being posted eight hours ago.

According to one report, Lawler suffered a blockage in his heart and had immediate surgery to repair it. His girlfriend, Lauryn Laine McBride took to Facebook to reassure fans that Lawler was "in stable condition and breathing on his own. He is a strong man and we will get him back at his best as soon as I can get him home."

Lawler has been involved with wrestling since 1970, and has been a member of the World Wrestling Federation/WWE since 1992. He has held over 168 championship titles during his time in the wrestling world.