Jim Jones Arrested for Disorderly Conduct in NJ

Jim Jones was arrested for disorderly conduct in front of his Fair Lawn, N.J. home Wednesday. The rapper, whose real name is Joseph G. Jones, became agitated when a police officer attempted to tow a car he hadn't moved since winter storm Nemo struck Feb. 8.

Jim Jones arrest stemmed from a parking ticket he received Feb. 6. It remained unpaid throughout the blizzard and afterward, so Sgt. James Corcoran came to tow the vehicle, NorthJersey.com reported. Soon after, the "We Fly High" rapper came out of his home to confront the officer.

The vehicle was thought to be abandoned by police because it still had the parking summons on the window and was illegally parked. However, Jones agreed to pay the towing fee and move the vehicle, according to The Fairlawn-Saddlebrook Patch.

Then, Sgt. Corcoran ran Jones name through the police database and found that the Dipset rapper had two outstanding warrants- one for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, and another for failing to remove ice and snow from the sidewalk in front of his home. They cost $150 and $43, respectively, and the officer told Jones he had to settle them immediately.

"If [people with oustanding warrants] agree, we'll just have them come down and pay what they owe," Lt. Derek Bastnick told The Fairlawn-Saddlebrook Patch. "But if they don't agree, they're placed under arrest."

Jones denied the warrants, getting "belligerent and uncooperative," according to the police report. The 36-year-old gave false information to police, then attempted to walk away while being put under arrest.

Jones was arrested, taken into police custody, and charged with disorderly conduct and obstruction. After posting bail for his outstanding warrants, the rapper was released.

Jones, originally from the Tremont section of the Bronx, is affiliated with rappers Cam'ron, Juelz Santana, and their Diplomats rap group. The rapper's song "We Fly High," along with its signature "Ballin!" adlib, gave him one of the biggest hits of 2007.

Lt. Bastnick said this was the first time the rapper had caused a problem.