Kim Kardashian Kitten Dies: Euthanized After Being Given Away

Reality Star's Heart is 'Completely Broken'

Kim Kardashian announced over the weekend that her new kitten, Mercy, had died. The reality star also admitted that she had given the cat away two weeks ago after discovering that she was allergic.

On Friday, Kardashian announced that her kitten had been euthanized at four months, after the discovery that the cat was suffering from a terminal, cancer-like virus that is common amongst bred cats.

"It is with deep sadness that I have to tell you all that my kitten, Mercy, has passed away. My heart is completely broken," the star wrote on her online blog.

The star also admitted that she had suffered an allergic reaction from the cat and given her away just weeks before the kitten fell ill.

"When I first got Mercy, I had never lived with a cat before and so I had no idea that I was allergic," the star wrote. "I thought that it might pass, but after a few weeks I decided to go visit two separate allergists, one of whom said my allergies wouldn't get any better unless I started taking injections."

Kardashian said she "didn't think it was safe to resort to injections" and instead decided to give the cat away to Khloe Kardashian's assistant, Sydney.

"Sydney gave Mercy a loving home, but after a couple of weeks Mercy got really sick and Sydney had to rush her to the vet. They discovered she had a stomach problem that we weren't aware of," Kardashian wrote. "Poor little Mercy died the very next day."

Later reports added that Sydney had rushed the cat to a pet hospital when she appeared "weak" and "limping." After being told that aggressive treatment would likely not improve the cat's condition, the decision was made to euthanize her, according to E! News. Previous vet trips have revealed that the cat was healthy.