Paris Jackson Doesn't Feel Katherine Can Meet Her Emotional Needs, Source Reveals

Paris Jackson's suicide attempt will likely lead to an emergency family meeting where her guardians will attempt to provide for the teen and determine where she should go next. One source claims that Paris reached out for her mother because she felt that her grandmother, Katherine, could not meet her emotional needs.

"Katherine, Debbie (Rowe) and TJ are going to meet on this soon to discuss and come up with a plan," a source close to the family told People magazine. "Paris loves her grandmother but feels that Katherine can't provide for her emotional needs. She and Katherine are close but it just isn't working for Paris."

Paris has recently been spending much more time with her biological mother, Debbie, and the two were planning to spend a great deal of time together this summer. The teen has apparently struggled with her late father's wrongful death trial. It appears spending time with Debbie has helped.

"Paris loves Katherine, but Katherine is dealing with the trial – and Katherine is an old woman. There is something missing in Paris' life. The family hasn't really taken this serious, that's why Paris has turned to Debbie Rowe. It's really sad. Paris is the girl who has everything, but the girl who has nothing," the source added.

Michael Jackson died four years ago, and Paris was the one who actually spoke at her father's funeral. Since then, she has been the child most seen in the public eye, developing her own life and apparently struggling along the way.

"Paris went to UCLA Medical Center a few months back for depression and because she was feeling suicidal," the source revealed. "She misses her father greatly; she was the center of Michael's world. Paris is very unhappy and alone. She's living in this place and there's security and uncles and all these hangers-on. And she's alone. That's one of the reasons she reached out to Debbie Rowe – she wants a family."

Paris is reportedly seeing visitors while she remains in the hospital, and her guardians have all rallied around her to offer their full support. She was hospitalized on Wednesday morning following a suicide attempt.