Thanksgiving is a wonderful time for great food, having fun, spending time with family, and shopping sales. But, let us not forget, MUSIC can be an valuable reminder of what matters most. It seems that most of the time when it comes to the holidays, we hear a lot of Christmas songs. Not many songs are played for Thanksgiving. But, believe it or not, there have been songs that speak about the meaning of Thanksgiving. For Christians, it is important for us to be thankful and appreciate all that we have. Also, it is important to forgive those who may have hurt us in the past.
Here are five songs that can get you in the holiday spirit of GIVING THANKS:
1. Alanis Morissette — Thank U (1998)
2. Martina McBride — Blessed (2001)
3. Kelly Clarkson — Thankful (2003)
4. India Arie — There's Hope (2006)
5. Lee Ann Womack — I Hope You Dance (2000)