(Photo: Facebook/Noel Jones)
Black preachers are known for their passionate delivery of the scripture from the pulpit on Sunday mornings and over time, many have developed identifiable preaching styles that congregants find entertaining, engaging or distracting. Listed below is a viral parody of 10 popular preaching styles of black pastors along with some closely matched examples of popular preachers from American pulpits.
1. The Interesting Voice - Bishop Noel Jones of City of Refuge in Los Angeles
2. The Singer - Bishop Paul S. Morton of Changing A Generation Full Gospel Baptist Church
3. The Hooper- Bishop Clarence McClendon of Clarence E. McClendon Ministries (CEMM)
4. The Asthmatic - Dr. Taketa Williams of Taketa Williams Ministries in Jacksonville, Fla.
5. The Emotional Wreck - Dr. Juanita Bynum, televangelist
6. The Mathematician - Bishop I.V. Hilliard of New Light Christian Center in Houston, Texas
7 The Crowd Interactionist - Dr. Creflo Dollar of World Changers Church International in Fulton County, Ga.
8. The Fire & Brimstone - Dr. James David Manning of ATLAH World Missionary Church in New York City
9. The Dictionary - Bishop TD Jakes of The Potter's House in Dallas, Texas
10. The White Guy Voice - Pastor André Butler of Word of Faith International Christian Center in Southfield Mich.