(Photo: REUTERS/Eric Thayer)
- It is well known that Black Friday is not the best time for ALL shopping. For electronics it is generally GREAT, but for things such as toys you will not see much of a difference in prices. It may feel good to get your shopping done early, but don't be surprised if you see the prices drop even lower a week before Christmas.
2. Game Consoles Without a Bundled Item
- When it comes to game consoles you will get the best bang for your buck if you purchase a console that includes a few extras. In the past, most console deals consisted of holiday bundles that included premium accessories and a few game titles. New consoles such as PS4 and Xbox One will be tough to even find at this point. So getting those at retail price is a deal in itself.
3. Brand Name HDTVs
- Black Friday is a good time to buy a new TV, but don't expect all these awesome deals to be tagged with brand name TVs. Most of the time these low prices come from third-tier manufacturers. If you want the best prices on top brand name TVs, check the store in late December. The manufacturers look to clear stock for their newer products.
4. Christmas Decorations
- Although this may not be on the top of everyone's Black Friday shopping list, people tend to purchase these decorations on an impulse buy. They think just because it is Black Friday they are getting a pretty good deal. But, believe it or not the prices for these decorations actually decreases as it gets closer to Christmas Day. The best prices for these decorations actually appear after the holiday.