Never miss Christian news that matters to you. facebookLike twitterFollow
pop up close

Charlie Sheen to Ashton Kutcher: 'Sorry'

0
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
  • charles-sheen
    (Mario Anzuoni (Sheen) and Chip East (Kutcher)/Reuters/Files)
    Kutcher (left) has signed a deal to replace Charlie Sheen in a revamped version of the sitcom 'Two and A Half Men.' Sheen was fired in March from his starring role after weeks of erratic behavior and for publicly insulting the show's producers.
By Emma Koonse, Christian Post Reporter
February 22, 2012|8:00 am

Charlie Sheen has apologized for his comments about Ashton Kutcher and the show "Two and a Half Men" on Thursday.

The 46-year-old actor denounced the show after being fired, and said during a live interview that Kutcher "sucked."

"I'm tired of lying. I'm tired of pretending the show doesn't suck," said Sheen during an interview with TMZ on Thursday. "I'm tired of pretending Ashton doesn't suck. It's nothing personal."

Subsequently, Sheen posted a message on his website to Kutcher, writing, "Dear Ashton- my bad. I was disrespectful to a man doing his best."

"I got excited and threw you into a crossfire," he continued. The rest of my statement I stand behind. You, however, deserve better. Safety in your travels good sir."

In signing the apology, Sheen used the name of his former character on the CBS series, writing, "The 'late' Charlie Harper."

Follow us Get CP eNewsletter ››

Kutcher, Sheen's replacement on "Two and a Half Men," plays Walden Schmidt on the show, which premiered its eighth season, and first without Sheen, in September.

Sheen was fired after a public meltdown including a verbal attack his boss, "Men" creator Chuck Lorre, last year. Along with his criticism of Kutcher, Sheen has also stated that Lorre is not doing a good job.

Among his comments Thursday Sheen added that he pities Kutcher.

"I just feel bad for him," said Sheen about his "Men" replacement. "He's saddled with such bad writing."

In a previous interview, Sheen further blasted today's production of "Men."

"I don't think that [Kutcher's] working with the best writing because [producer] Chuck [Lorre] is doing too many shows," Sheen told The New York Post in January.

"He and Jon [Cryer] and Angus [T. Jones] deserve better material," continued Sheen.

Sheen's apology arrives as his new television series, "Anger Management," will begin production March 22. The FX series will debut this summer.

 

Videos that May Interest You

Charlie bit my finger - again !

Advertisement