Best known as America's favorite uncle from A&E's most-watched reality television program, "Duck Dynasty," Silas Merritt Robertson reveals a number of personal stories about himself and his family in his often-hilarious book, Si-Cology 1 including seven things fans should know about the leading man.
1. Si's parents, Merritt and James Robertson, had seven children: Jimmy Frank, Harold, Judy, Tommy, Phil, Si and Jan. All of his brothers and sisters graduated from college and some obtained master's degrees.
2. Si is afraid of the dark. He never liked to go trick-or-treating, and to this day, sleeps with the TV on in his bedroom.
3. In his 65 years of life thus far, Si has been bitten by snakes 27 times.
4. Inside one of the first care packages Si received in Vietnam from his mother included the blue Tupperware iced tea cup he continues to carry around today, along with a pair of work boots, a couple of cans of jalepeno peppers, a couple cans of Spam, and beans and wieners.
5. Si stopped shaving his face when he was forced into early retirement in 1993 after serving 24 and-a-half years in the Army.
6. After leaving the Army and before he started making reeds for duck calls at Duck Commander, Si worked at a golf course, a Hewlett-Packard warehouse, and in residential construction building decks and repairing homes.
7. About faith, Si says in his book, "I don't believe in denominations. You're either a Christian or you're not."