Two Canadian carriers including Bell and Virgin Mobile have reported that their iPhone 5 pre-orders sold out this week.
Both have also stated that they experienced "overwhelming success" with the smartphone that is due out on Sept. 21 in the U.S.
"Heads-up! Due to huge demand for iPhone 5, we're ending in-store and online pre-orders today. iPhone 5 will be back on sale Sept. 21," tweeted Virgin Mobile Canada.
Despite pre-orders being sold out on both carriers, they still say that the iPhone 5 will be available for purchase on the day of its release.
The new iPhone will feature a taller 4-inch display and thinner design at 7.6mm thick. The new screen will be 1136 x 640 pixels resolution with 326 pixels. It also has touch sensors built into it in order to keep the phone as thin as possible.
With the taller screen, applications have been expanded and Apple promises that nothing has been altered or stretched in the process. It also allows for five rows of icons to be displayed on the new iPhone's home screen.
The iPhone 5 features a two-tone design with a metal backing. It is completely made from glass and aluminum. It is said to be 20 percent lighter than the 4S.
Hardware has been greatly improved as well, as the device comes with an A6 chip that can perform at speeds twice as fast as the A5 found in the iPhone 4S. It is also 22 percent smaller than its predecessor.
LTE also has made its way to the new iPhone with the new dynamic antenna that can switch between 4G and 3G speeds without difficulty.
The new smartphone will be available on AT&T, Verizon and Sprint in the U.S. and will be released in black and white.
There will also be three separate models in terms of memory including a 16GB for $199, a 32GB for $299, and a 64GB for $399.
- iPhone 5 Unlocked Price Announced: Where to Buy
- iPhone 5 Trade In Program: How to Get the Most for Your Old iPhone
- iPhone 5 Cases: A List of the Top Rated and Most Unique
- iPhone 5 Vs. Galaxy S3: Which is the Better Buy?
- iPhone 5 Features: Is Apple an Android Copycat?
- iPhone 5 vs. Galaxy Note 2: Smartphone Takes on the Phablet
- iPhone 5 Price Slashed to 9.97
- iPhone 5 Unlocked Release Date Coming in Oct.
- iPhone 5 Features: A Breakdown of What Apple Included in its Newest Handset