CP U.S.

Saturday, Oct 25, 2014

Jerry Springer Denies $1M Offer to Casey Anthony

July 11, 2011|2:08 pm

Casey Anthony’s alleged offer of $1 million to guest star on the Jerry Springer Show has been denied by Springer late last week.

It had been reported that after getting the go ahead from a senior executive, a freelance producer for the show, Al Taylor made the offer by telephone to Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez, according to RadarOnline.com.

Jerry Springer denies the offer. In a press conference, the show’s public relations representative states: “There is absolutely no truth to this story whatsoever. The Jerry Springer Show has not made any monetary offer to Casey Anthony and her family to appear on the program. Nor will we.”

However, an interview with Taylor indicated that the offer did happen: “I spoke to someone very high up and they know I made the offer for them,” Taylor told RadarOnline.com.

“The Springer show got immediate backlash though and decided they didn’t want any part of it anymore. But there is another show interested and they are about to make an offer in writing to Baez,” said Taylor.

RadarOnline.com also reports that a show insider said, “He was not aware of the Springer show making a financial offer to Baez.”

When asked if there was any interest in interviewing Casey the insider said: “Any news organization right now would be interested in speaking with her.”

Casey Anthony was recently acquitted for the murder of her two year old daughter Caylee. Her release date from jail is July 17th, 2011.

Source URL : http://www.christianpost.com/news/jerry-springer-denies-1m-offer-to-casey-anthony-52145/