(Photo: YouTube video)
"Noah," starring actor Russell Crowe as the title character, will not be in theaters until March 28, 2014, but distributor Paramount Pictures has already offered audiences exclusive footage of the Biblical epic and an official movie poster for the film.
"Noah" has been rated PG-13 and is categorized as drama/fantasy/epic. Director Darren Aronofsky also serves as a producer, alongside Mary Parent and Scott Franklin. Screenwriter credit also includes Aronofsky and John Logan.
Starring alongside Russell Crowe are:
- Ray Winstone
- Jennifer Connelly… Naameh
- Emma Watson… Ila
- Anthony Hopkins… Methuselah
- Logan Lerman… Ham
- Madison Davenport
- Dakota Goyo… Young Noah
- Douglas Booth… Shem
- Kevin Durand
- Martin Csokas
The plot has been described as:
"The Biblical Noah suffers visions of an apocalyptic deluge and takes measures to protect his family from the coming flood." (IMDb.com)
"The film version of the Bible story re-telling of Noah's Ark. It follows a man (Russell Crowe) who is given the mission to build a giant vessel that can house two of every animal from the earth to save them from a giant flood that will wipe all life for a new beginning." (Aceshowbiz.com)
Trivia related to the $130 million budget film (IMDb.com):
- "Christian Bale and Michael Fassbender were offered the role of Noah, but they declined due to scheduling conflicts."
- "Darren Aronofsky had been fascinated with the character of Noah since childhood, seeing him as a 'a dark, complicated character who experiences real survivor's guilt.'"
- "According to Darren Aronofsky, the animals seen in the film are 'slightly tweaked designs of real existing animals.' No real animals were used in production at all."
Test audiences who have screened early portions of "Noah," have given the film low ratings, mostly due to its lack of adherence to the Biblical account involving Noah and the flood found in Genesis 7-9. An October report explains the controversy in the video below:
Watch the official trailer and extra footage of the "Noah" epic below: