Never miss Christian news that matters to you. facebookLike twitterFollow
pop up close

'Pirates of the Caribbean 5 'Cast and Crew Problems? Release Date Pushed Back

1
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
By Clare Morris, Christian Post Contributor
September 12, 2013|4:49 pm

The release of the highly anticipated "pirates of the Caribbean" sequel, entitled "Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" has been postponed. It now appears the movie will not hit theaters until the summer of 2016.

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer recently discussed the delay with the Hollywood Reporter, citing script and budget problems as the culprit, rather than porblems with individual members of the cast or crew.

"It's all a factor. We want a script that everyone's signed off on and a budget that everyone's signed off on," he said, adding that similar films have cost up to $300 million. Coming up with a great script is "always hard," the producer said.

Jerry Bruckheimer added that timing plays a role, as after the summer "everybody's more cautious."

But it isn't just the price tag that is causing delays. But again, he doesn't blame individual members of cast or crew. Bruckheimer said the current script isn't ready.

"We have an outline everyone loves but the script is not done," Jerry Bruckheimer said.

Follow us Get CP eNewsletter ››

It is now believed the film will hit theaters in the summer of 2016. "Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" was previously set to be realesed on Memorial Day weekend 2015, with production starting in the Fall of 2014, according to Variety.

"Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" is the fifth movie in the "Pirates" franchise. Like the prequels before it, the movie stars Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. The film is being directed by Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg. Ronning and Sandberg are most well known for their directing work on the film "Kon Tiki."

 

Videos that May Interest You

iOS 8 revealed: release date, features and what you need to know

Advertisement