Porn Over Pork? Typos Make It Easy for Kids to Find Porn

0
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
  • xxxchurch
    (Photo: XXXChurch.com via The Christian Post)
    XXXChurch.com's new commerical features two 8-year-olds who stumble upon porn while browsing the Internet.
The Babysitter Commercial
The Babysitter Commercial
By Josephine Vivaldo, Christian Post Reporter
May 13, 2011|11:31 am

What would happen if children browsed the Internet and instead of typing pork, milk and BBQ their slippery fingers led to a search for porn, milf and bbw?

They would most likely open the door to an insatiable desire for the subjects, says a commercial produced by XXXChurch.com.

XXXChurch.com teamed up with porn stars for “The Babysitter Commercial,” which recently aired online. The 60-second commercial tries to warn parents about what their kids can stumble upon on the Web.

The tagline reads: “Attention parents, the Internet makes a lousy babysitter because porno is just a typo away.”

The commercial features two 8-year-old boys – one being the son of Craig Gross, who founded XXXChurch.com – and a puppet named Pete. As part of a homework assignment, they start searching online for the words listed on a piece of paper. The first word is “pork.” The kids end up accidentally typing “porn” and suddenly a flock of porn starts ring their doorbell and then drop their clothes after the kids confirm to them that they are 21.

According to Gross, 90 percent of kids will see porn online before the age of 16. “The average age is 11 and it gets younger every year because of the Internet,” Gross told The Christian Post.

Order Online: Eyes of Integrity by Craig Gross

“Porn” is ranked as the number four searched item by kids under seven years of age, according to XXXChurch.com.

“Parents are clueless about what their kids are doing online,” Gross, whose ministry reaches out to porn stars and porn addicts, wrote on his blog. “The commercial should bother any parent who watches it. I hope parents see these two young boys misspelling words on the computer and realize this happens everyday.”

In the commercial, the young boys continue their assignment, misspelling more words and finding more porn stars at the door each time, including Gross’ friend, fellow debater and porn legend Ron Jeremy.

All of the women featured in the commercial are real porn stars willing to lend themselves to promote Gross’ message to the public: kids should never watch porn.

Though Jeremy defends porn, he agrees that it is “consenting adults having consenting sex for consenting adults to watch,” and has emphasized that he will do whatever he can to help keep children away from it.

Although some of the women show a little too much skin in the commercial, it gives the right amount of dosage needed to wake parents up to what their children are doing when they are not looking.

Gross’ battle against pornography, which began about 10 years ago, has gained momentum since 2005, he shared. Only 48 percent of U.S. parents set parental controls on their family computer and he wants to educate the remaining 52 percent about the importance of preventing child porn addicts.

“We meet a lot of kids. That's how the whole thing started, trying to help young people,” Gross explained. “I think it’s important to start looking at this at an early age and prevent the potential to ruin their sex lives in the future.”

Earlier this year, ICANN approved the domain name “.xxx” for porn sites. Over 40,000 of those domains were reserved within the 24 hours of the decision. A handful of them have gone live so far.

“The Babysitter Commercial” is set to air on a few television networks soon, Gross told CP.

 

Videos that May Interest You

Why Do Men Watch Porn?

Advertisement