Prince Harry Unscathed by Vegas Scandal, Will Attend Paralympics

1
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
By Emma Koonse , Christian Post Reporter
August 28, 2012|2:39 pm
  • Prince Henry
    (Photo: Reuters/Matt Dunham/Pool)
    Britain's Prince Harry at St James's Palace in London, July 4, 2011.

Despite being photographed in the nude in Las Vegas last weekend, Prince Harry has revealed no indication that the scandal affected his image.

The 27-year-old prince as well as his brother, Prince William, and William's wife, Kate Middleton, will still attend the 2012 Paralympic Games in London in the coming weeks.

William and Kate, also known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, have not commented on the photographs released of Harry in Las Vegas, nor has any other member of the Royal Family.

"The Duke and Duchess [of Cambridge] and Prince Harry will attend select events during the Games, including goalball, cycling, swimming, and Athletics," a representative for the Royal Family told TMZ.

Following the release of the scandalous photos first reported by TMZ, Prince Harry was rumored to be staying out of the spotlight until the ordeal blew over and subsequently canceling all of his upcoming public appearances.

This is not the case, and like many times during the 2012 Olympics in London earlier this summer, Harry will be seen alongside other members of the Royal Family watching sporting events at the Paralympics.

The 2012 Paralympics begin Wednesday, Aug. 29 and run through Sept. 9.

In the photos of Harry in Vegas, the prince was seen covering himself with just his hands in one image, while the other revealed Harry with his arms around what appeared to be a female who was also without clothing.

"This is a mess," said a source close to Harry at the time, according to Us Weekly. "This was not the type of fun he was supposed to be having. He's in trouble."

It is believed that the photos were snapped by a partygoer during a game of strip billiards poker in a VIP suite at the Wynn Hotel.

While many criticized Harry for his behavior while in vacation in Sin City, one source close to the Royal Family defended the prince.

"He's a lad," said a second insider speaking to Us Weekly. "This is just him messing about on holiday. No one was hurt, he's on proper vacation from his work, so he's not breaking any rules. He's using his own money."

British broadcasters avoided the scandalous images of Prince Harry overseas, while many American networks displayed them.

Prince Harry is third in line to the British throne following his father, Charles, and Prince William.

William, 30, is well known as being far more demure than his younger brother, and often makes headlines alongside his wife Kate for attending charity events.

 

Videos that May Interest You

Prince William and Kate Middleton take the bus, surprise London commuters

Advertisement