Scarlett Johansson has spoken out for the first time since her nude photos leaked onto the Internet earlier this month. The actress said that even celebrities have a right to privacy and called the attack on her privacy "wrong" and "unjust."
Johansson gave her first interview since the scandal broke out Sept. 14, when a hacker allegedly broke into the celebrity's cell phone, stealing provocative photos of Johansson, which she took herself and on which she appears topless and otherwise semi-nude.
"Just because you're an actor or make films or whatever doesn't mean you're not entitled to your own personal privacy," Johansson told CNN’s David McKenzie in an interview conducted in Nairobi, Kenya. "If that is sieged in some way, it feels unjust. It feels wrong."
The actress seemed very fed up with the affair.
"I think there are certain instances where you give a lot of yourself and finally you have to kind of put your foot down," she said.
After the alleged hacking, Johansson's nude photos were posted on several Internet websites. They have since been taken down by most of those websites, after Johansson's lawyers threatened to sue.
FBI is investigating the case and looking for the hacker, or hackers, as part of a larger investigation that began in 2010, following theft reports from several Hollywood figures whose phones and computers had also been hacked.
Previously, nude photos of celebrities like Jessica Alba and Mila Cunis have also hit the Internet.
Johansson granted her first interview since the scandal to CNN when she was visiting Kenya. As a member of a humanitarian group, Oxfam, the actress visited Africa to see the impact of the droughts and famine that have been tormenting the Horn of Africa recently. Using the occasion of the interview, she appealed to the public to pay attention to that human tragedy.