Selena Gomez Stalker Warns Actress Unsafe With Him Around

0
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
  • Selena Gomez
    (Photo: REUTERS / Mario Anzuoni)
    Actress and singer Selena Gomez poses at the world premiere of "The Thing" at Universal Studios Hollywood in Universal City, California October 10, 2011.
By Justin Sarachik , Christian Post Reporter
December 14, 2011|12:25 pm

The 46-year-old man who has been arrested for stalking and claiming that he had conversations with God about killing Selena Gomez, but was later released, is now saying that Gomez is not safe with him free.

Just last month Thomas Brodnicki was acquitted of the stalking charges, but he now agrees with Gomez and is encouraging her to get a restraining order against him.

However, the judge will not issue the restraining order because Brodnicki could not defend himself in court due to his mental health and because he out right did not want to, according to TMZ. Regardless, the stalker released a statement to the judge asking him to implement it.

"I believe that a restraining order should be issued against me to prevent me from trying to contact Selena Gomez," said Brodnicki. "I do not wish to object to the restraining order against me because I know it is the only thing that will make me stay away from Selena."

"He told me that he had over fifty conversations with God a day, about killing Ms. Gomez," said LAPD detective Jose Viramonted, TMZ also reported.

Los Angeles County prosecutors accused Thomas Brodnicki of stalking the 19-year-old star between the months of July and October and asked that a judge provide Gomez with a protective order.

Follow us Get CP eNewsletter ››

Gomez reported being in “extreme fear” of Brodnicki after discovering he had a history of stalking as well as a mental illness, according to the BBC.

The man had allegedly told a psychiatrist that he traveled from Chicago to Los Angeles just to meet Gomez, whereupon he visited her work a few times. He also revealed that he had conversations with God about killing the “Monte Carlo” actress as well.

Worried that her parents or her assistant would be harmed in Brodnicki’s attempts to visit her, Gomez asked the court for a restraining order.

In response to the request, the Los Angeles Times reported that Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Upinder Kalra granted a three-year protective order for the actress, which would keep Brodnicki at least 100 yards away from Gomez, her parents and her assistant.

 

Videos that May Interest You

Selena Gomez was blessed with amazing voice, but she chooses to use her voice to bless others – how beautiful!

Advertisement