When Sybrina Fulton got news that her son Trayvon Martin had been killed by George Zimmerman last year, she drove home in pain. But after she cried, one of the first things she did was pray and she hasn't stopped talking to God since.
"He's in heaven with God—and he has on a hoodie. He has on a heavenly hoodie," she told TIME about her son in an interview last March before George Zimmerman was even arrested for his murder.
And shortly after a six-woman jury issued a "not guilty" verdict in the trial of her 17-year-old son's killer last Saturday night, she let her faith lead the way again.
"Lord during my darkest hour I lean on you. You are all that I have. At the end of the day, GOD is still in control. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I will love you forever Trayvon!!! In the name of Jesus!!!" she tweeted.
Despite her painful journey in seeking answers to the many questions she had as to why Trayvon Martin died, even in the absence of comforting responses, Sybrina Fulton has remained steadfast in her faith.
On Tuesday, she tweeted: "God is healing my heart this very moment. But as I watch so many people come together, he reminds me that we have a lot of work to do. #PeaceProtest #TrayvonMartinForever"
Here's a look at the trajectory her confessions of her faith on Twitter during the days of the George Zimmerman trial.
- Day 3 - I want you to know that GOD is keeping me. 12th June 2013
- Day 7 - I still have a praise inside of me. 18th June 2013
- Day 10 - We walk by Faith, not by sight 2 Corinthians 5:7. Yes, the jury was selected yesterday & I still believe God has His arms around us. Be encouraged! 21st June 2013
- Day 11 - He'll never leave nor forsake me. Thank you for covering my family & I. I please the blood of Jesus over this courtroom. 24th June 2013
- God is using me, because how in the world am I able to listen to all of this ....by God's Grace. There is power in the Blood!! 24th June 2013
- Day 12 - When Christ is the center of your focus, all else will come into proper perspective. 25th June 2013
- Day 14 - As I sit here in the courtroom, I know beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt, that God is truly in control. 27th June 2013
- Day 15 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 28th June 2013
- Day 16 - STRENGTH: Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the STRENGTH of my life; of whom shall I be Afraid? GOD IS IN CONTROL!! 1st July 2013
- Day 17 - Remember God gives His toughest battles to His strongest soldiers. Please know I can't give up now, I've come too far. Continue to keep us lifted in prayer. 2nd July 2013
- Day 18 - We walk by Faith and not by sight. God give me the strength to keep moving forward to get justice for my beloved son Trayvon Martin. In Jesus name. Amen. 3rd July 2013
- Day 19 - I pray that God gives me strength to properly represent my Angel Trayvon. He may not be perfect but he's mine. I plead the blood of Jesus for healing. 5th July 2013
- Day 20 - AWESOME POWER If you keep God inside your heart, there is nothing that will come into your life that you won't be able to handle. 8th July 2013
- Day 21 - We appreciate all the support and I am reading everyone of your comments. The prayers and well wishes are heartfelt for my family and I. GOD is in control! 9th July 2013
- Day 22 - Good Morning Jesus! Knowing that you are beside me is all I need to begin my day. :) 10th July 2013
- Day 23 - You can break down a woman temporarily, but a real woman will always pick up the pieces, rebuild herself, and come back stronger than ever. GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! 11th July 2013
- Day 24 - As I sit in the courtroom I'm realizing that God is using me to stand up for my son, your son and all teenagers black, brown and those that wear hoodies. The bottom line is you all have rights too. If you don't stand up for something positive you will fall for anything. No weapon formed against us will prosper. In the name of Jesus. 12th July 2013
- I would like to share with you my favorite bible verse: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 What's your favorite Bible Verse? 13th July 2013
- Lord during my darkest hour I lean on you. You are all that I have. At the end of the day, GOD is still in control. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I will love you forever Trayvon!!! In the name of Jesus!!! 13th July 2013
- God is healing my heart this very moment. But as I watch so many people come together, he reminds me that we have a lot of work to do. 16th July 2013