- (Photo: Reuters / Rick Wilking)
A high priest of The Church of Satan says Tim Tebow's winning streak is not because of his faith in God, but because of skill – however a Colorado pastor disagrees.
TMZ spoke with the priest, Peter H. Gilmore, who said God has nothing to do with Tebow winning because that would imply God is making other teams lose, which is not God's nature.
However, he does feel that Tebow's belief in God has helped him mentally and positively as he has something to push for.
"Satanists are atheists, and we would consider any triumph to rely on a combination of skill and luck – most certainly not in any form of supernatural intervention from either Heaven or Hell," he told the gossip site.
On the reverse side, Christian Pastor Wayne Hanson from a Colorado's Summit Church, has a relationship with the family and told TMZ Tim's winning has to do with God directly intervening with him on the field.
"It's not luck. Luck isn't winning six games in a row. It's favor. God's favor. God has blessed his hard work," said Pastor Hanson.
The pastor also feels Tebow would not be winning as much if his faith was not so strong.
Even Yahoo lends its support of Godly intervention on Tim Tebow’s behalf, as they created "The Ten Commandments of Tebow."
The commands are:
1. Thou shalt not turn the ball over.
2. Thou shalt not quit.
3. Thou shalt not put thy own self before the team.
4. Thou shalt do whatever it takes to win.
5. Thou shalt not force the ball.
6. Thou shalt recognize thine own faults.
7. Thou shalt stay true to thy self.
8. Thou shalt make big plays in the fourth quarter.
9. Thou shalt score efficiently.
10. Thou shalt inspire the team to play better.