Never miss Christian news that matters to you. facebookLike twitterFollow
pop up close

Today’s Shapers of Culture

0
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
  • Ron Luce
By Ron Luce, Christian Post Guest Columnist
October 2, 2007|5:21 pm

Did you know that it has been said that approximately 98% of our population are the followers of culture and only 2% are the shapers of culture. If you have heard your kids say things like, “Hey, I can’t wait until that new movie comes out,” or, “so-and-so’s new CD is really awesome,” you’ve witnessed the pull they feel to follow culture. They are part of the 98%. The other 2% shape our kids; shape our society. It’s time for us to encourage our young people to be part of that 2%. It’s time for the 2% that shape our culture to be spirit-filled, on fire young men and women of God. Shouldn’t we be the ones who use our spirit filled creativity to shape the rest of the culture with Godly values, insight, and ministry?

The young men and woman of today’s society are already finding ways to hone their creativity. Things like Facebook and other blogging accounts are powerful tools that most teens don’t even realize they have. As children of God, we are to shine our light in the darkness of this world.

Make your light shine, so that others will see the good that you do and will praise your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:16 (CEV)

It just makes sense to use these blog sites as a tool to send out a message of God’s amazing power and love for everyone.

We need to encourage our teens to use powerful tools such as You Tube. Teens can record videos and post them online or send them to each other. What better way is there for your teen to illustrate a life changing thought God has revealed to them?

Maybe they want to post their own music online as well. You don’t have to wait until they’re an ordained minister before they can share God’s message. God wants us to testify of His greatness right now, with everything inside of us.

Follow us Get CP eNewsletter ››

Do you know teens that like writing? Teach them to write press releases for church events and articles for newspapers. Do you know teens desperate for a challenge or to do something? Teach them how start a Bible study at their school. We need to think of how we can empower our kids to raise their voice and be part of the 2% that shape the culture.

Another great way to encourage your teens to take a stand for what they believe and to hear first hand from other teens who are doing the same is through BattleCry.com. This site hosts blogging and networking for anyone who wants to join. Teens are challenged to make goals for specific ways they want to minister to the world. At AquireTheFire.com, people from all over the world are posting videos, writing pieces, and music as a testimony of their life in Christ. The purpose of the media posted is to glorify God. It’s time for our teenagers to let their voices be heard!

Through all of these outlets, teens can influence their peers right in their own towns, all over the United States and even throughout the world. This is enacting the directions Jesus gave to his followers in Acts 1:8 to share the gospel in our communities, in our regions, and all over the world. This is what Teen Mania’s focus for this year is.

Our Acquire the Fire events are going to spotlight all these areas of creativity in young people and encourage them to post a million pieces of this creativity on Acquirethefire.com for the world to see. These pieces could include videos clips, blogs, music, or writing pieces. We want today’s teens to relay their love for Jesus into cyber space and allow the world to hear their voice and be shaped by the Jesus in them. Make sure that the kids in your home and in your church are a part of the solution. Log on to BattleCry.com or AcquiretheFire.com to find an event near you and come to see the creativity of teens you know showcased.

________________________________________________
Ron Luce is the founder of Teen Mania, one of the world's largest Christian youth organizations, which inspires, empowers, and equips teens to reject the negative influences of pop culture and embrace the "coolness" of Christ. This year, Teen Mania is rallying hundreds of thousands of teens in the BattleCry movement to save their generation. For more information, visit www.BattleCry.com.

 

Videos that May Interest You

‘Son of God Preview: Evangelical Leader Geoff Tunnicliffe on Last Supper Scene; Christian Apologetics Tool?

Advertisement