A 3-year-old girl in east China was rescued by a fire squad after accidentally becoming trapped in a washing machine.
The little was playing in the washing room unsupervised when the incident occurred. The girl's mother said that her daughter often enjoyed going inside the machine, but had never become trapped before, according to reports. This time however, once the mother realized that she could not remove the girl from the machine, she was forced to call the fire squad in Dandong, China.
The firemen had to use drills, saws, and other cutting tools in order to free the girl, according to a video that was posted of the incident on The Telegraph U.K. To keep the girl from becoming afraid, she was offered "sweet treats," the report said. The little girl was not freed until the firemen were able to pull the sides of the machine apart.
A little boy became trapped in a dryer last year after his babysitter's companion decided to play a joke and closed the door of the dryer with the child inside. Panic ensued after the dryer door locked into place and automatically turned on with the child trapped inside. Video surveillance showed the dryer running for several minutes without anyone being able to stop it until one customer pushed the dryer aside and reached for the plug.
"I put my hands in the washer and felt his little body," Tiffany Hebb told the Desert News. "I couldn't get him out of the washer; he was stuck, so I pulled his head above the water. He had no heartbeat, no pulse. He wasn't breathing."
The child was then immediately transported to the hospital where attempts were made to save his life. Hours later the boy passed away from injuries sustained during the incident.
"We just held him, cuddling him for the last moments of life. Six hours later he took his last breath and passed away," Hebb said.