Dr. Turner shares her top 10 tips for toning and slimming.
1. Drink water. Did you know dehydration is one of the most common causes of headaches? You can easily become dehydrated, especially in the summer months. With the Truestar Weight Loss Plan (as with all weight loss programs) it is essential to keep flushing your system with plenty of fluid. The best type of water to drink is water that has been filtered by reverse osmosis
2. Dont eat sugar!!! This simple carbohydrate gets absorbed quickly and will be stored as fat if you do not burn it off. This includes sugary fruits like mangos and pineapple.
3. Eliminate caffeine. It elevates your stress hormone levels and may contribute to weight gain around the abdomen.
4. Cleanse. A proper weight loss program must ensure that you have optimal organ function. Doing a supervised liver, bowel or kidney cleanse one to two times per year is essential.
5. Ensure adequate protein intake. This is essential for proper blood sugar balance and for repair after exercise. Follow the Truestar Nutrition Plan for the proper balance of protein, carbohydrates and fats.
6. Take a quality multivitamin. Your daily vitamin should be one that is easily absorbed. See our vitamin and supplement section for the best choices available. If you dont take a multivitamin, at least ensure that you are getting B complex vitamins, magnesium, calcium and vitamin C. All of these help your body adapt to stress.
7. If you are having trouble losing weight even with the proper diet and exercise rule out other causes such as thyroid conditions or improper insulin response. See our article Weight Loss and Hormones.
8. Explore supplements. There are many new items on the market that assist with weight loss by improving your bodys response to sugars, stimulating thyroid or by thermogenesis. These include bitter melon, guggulipids, chromium picolinate and L- carnitine. See the Truestar Supplement Plan for Weight Loss.
9. Eat to lose. Do not go longer than four to five hours without eating and always eat breakfast it stimulates your metabolism for the day. Skipping one meal elevates your stress hormone levels which negatively affects metabolism and blood sugar regulation. Opt to never miss another meal again!
10. Go wheat free. If you experience lots of bloating, gas or water retention try eliminating wheat. Wheat is found in breads, pastas, bagels, crackers. Choose 100% rye, rice or oats instead.