1. Michael Jordan – Considered by many the greatest basketball player of all time.
In his high school he was cut from the basketball team. After that he went home, locked himself in his room and cried.
2. Albert Einstein – The famed theoretical physicist who developed the general theory of relativity, one of the two pillars of modern physics.
When he was young his parents thought that he was mentally retarded. In school, his teacher told him "You will never amount to anything!"
3. Bill Gates – The Founder and chairman of Microsoft.
He was a Harvard University dropout. He started a software company by purchasing the software technology for only US$50 back then.
4. Steven Spielberg – Film director, producer, screenwriter, and business magnate. He is considered one of the most popular and influential filmmakers in the history of cinema.
He dropped out of junior high school. He came back to school and was placed in a learning-disabled class but couldn't last more than a month. He then dropped out of school forever.
5. Oprah Winfrey – Host of a multi-award-winning talk show and one of the the most influential women in the world.
She was once a TV reporter but got fired because she was considered as unfit for TV.
6. Elvis Presley – "The King" was considered one of the most significant cultural icons of the 20th century.
When he sang at the Grand Ole Opry, the oldest continuous radio program in the United States, in 1954, he was told to stick to his day job of driving trucks.
7. Walt Disney – Creator of Mickey Mouse and winner of 22 Academy Awards.
He was a newspaper editor but got fired for lacking imagination and having no original ideas.
8. Steve Jobs – The man behind Apple and a stream of tech. gadgets that have transformed the modern world such as the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and various Mac computers.
Jobs was a college dropout, and was also fired as a tech executive from the company he co-founded.
The co-founder of Apple and Pixar Animation Studios, later returned to Apple to guide the company in transforming itself to become the leader in the computer and cellphone industry.