The highly anticipated "Fallout 4" update 1.5 for current-gen gaming consoles PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, has now arrived, Bethesda announced. The update comes after the roll out for PC versions of the hit 2015 action-adventure, single-player game.
According to PlayStationLifestyle.net, the latest firmware update comes in at a staggering 2.37GB size worth of file. Inclusive in the package is the reported Survival Mode difficulty as well as routine checks and fixes for in-game bugs.
The patch comes weeks before The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim game-maker releases the "Far Harbor" game expansion.
Reportedly hitting the shelves on May 19, the "Far Harbor" DLC would be the largest expansion the studio has ever worked on, Express UK said. The media outlet meanwhile shared a handful of sneak peeks which are allegedly taken from the incoming new content. See the pictures through this link.
The new extension game will finally give the players the chance to get their hands on the long-rumored Harpoon Gun. As to how the new story goes, the fans are yet to find out.
Moreover, Bethesda has also confirmed the release of mod support for XB1 and PS4 in the coming months.
"Mods will be coming to Xbox One players later this month and to PlayStation 4 players in June," the game studio said in a statement.
For the meantime, the full patch 1.9 notes read as follow:
Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects
New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with "Appropriation" where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In "The Nuclear Option," entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Fixed issue with "Defend the Castle" where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During "The Nuclear Option," fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
- Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
- Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu
Stay tuned for more updates.