| Coronavirus →

Amy Winehouse Cause of Death: Singer Drank Herself to Death - Alcohol Poisoning (VIDEO)

Week-Long Binge After Months of Sobriety

Amy Winehouse Drank herself to death, according to toxicology reports released by the London coroner’s office.

Coroner Suzanne Greenaway described the findings as "Death by Misadventure."

Though originally the report was delivered to the wrong address, when it finally reached her parents the results were clear: Amy's blood alcohol level of 0.416 was too much for her to survive, and the singer died as a result of alcohol poisoning.

 Amy Winehouse Cause of Death: Alcohol Poisoning

The five-time Grammy winner was found dead in her London apartment on July 23, 2011.

Her family also said that Amy had been drinking steadily for several days prior to the alcohol overdose that finally put an end to the 27-year old’s life.

The family said they were relieved to finally learn the cause of Winehouse's death: “It comes as a relief to finally find out what happened to Amy. We understand there was alcohol in her system when she passed away."

There were no drugs involved, only alcohol.

"It was likely a buildup of alcohol in her system over a number of days,” they said.

Winehouse's controversial public image of was one of critical success versus personal turmoil. Winehouse was lionized, and vilified. Designer Karl Lagerfeld widely trumpeted her as the "new Bardot." Newsweek Magazine called her "a perfect storm of sex kitten, raw talent and poor impulse control."

At only 24, Winehouse had six Grammy nods and five wins. When she died three years later, her ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, was in jail, her parents had, as always, exhibited radically questionable judgment, and the paparazzi tailed the singer relentlessly. It was no wonder the pressure was more than she could bare.

Free CP Newsletters

Join over 250,000 others to get the top stories curated daily, plus special offers!


Most Popular

More Articles