The highly anticipated next generation iPhone 4S has been launched at Apple’s “Let’s talk iPhone” event earlier today at its headquarters in Cupernito, California.
However, the latest iPhone device did not receive an external makeover - looking identical to the previous iPhone 4 model released a year and a half ago. Phil Schiller, senior vice president of worldwide product marketing at Apple, said: "Don't be fooled. Inside it is all new."
The new device is set to come with a range of new components that may urge Apple fans to sell on their old devices and buy the newly upgraded iPhone 4S. Here are some of the reasons why:
1) The new device has an A5 processor which will deliver CPU performances up to 2x faster, as well as an astonishing 7x faster graphics performance.
2) The iPhone 4S will work on both GSM and CDMA carrier networks, not just one.
3) The download speed will be twice as fast, and it will support HSDPA.
4) The smartphone features an 8MP Camera with aperture of f/2.4, and comes with an HD 1080p video.
5) A personal assistant called Siri will also be included as one of the main features. The voice powered “humble personal assistant” will allow users to control various functions through voice commands.
Apple has announced the upcoming release of the iPhone 4S for Oct. 14, with pre-orders beginning on Friday.
The next generation iPhone will come in three memory capacities including a 16GB version for $199, a 32GB version for $299, and a 64GB version for $399.
The new device is said to have an incredible battery life, capable of eight hours of 3G talk time and 10 hours of video.