Missing Indiana Girl Found Dismembered: Babysitter Admits to Murder

The babysitter of a missing 9-year-old girl from Indiana has admitted to beating her to death and then mutilating her body.

In an affidavit, Michael Plumadore, 39, told police that he beat 9-year-old Aliahna to death with a brick, stuffed her body into trash bags and hid it in a freezer at his trailer. Plumadore admitted he chopped up the body before discarding it in various places, according to The Associated Press.

Police also said Plumadore told them he had hidden Aliahna's head, feet and hands at his trailer and discarded the other remains at a nearby business. Police obtained a warrant to search Plumadore’s trailer on Monday where the body parts were discovered.

Plumadore had been entrusted to take care of the three daughters of Tarah Souders on Friday when the girl went missing.

Aliahna and her 6-year-old sisters stayed with Plumadore because their mother had the flu and Aliahna's stepfather works nights, making him unavailable during the day. Souders and Plumadore live in the same mobile home park in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Plumadore initially told The Journal Gazette on Sunday that he left the three girls in his mobile home about 6 a.m. Friday and went to a gas station a mile away to buy a cigar.

"I had dead-bolted the door," he told the Gazette. "When I got back, all the girls was here."

Authorities said that surveillance video confirms Plumadore at the store around that time.

Next, the man said he smoked the cigar, went to sleep, then woke up about 10 a.m. to a call from Aliahna's mother. After that call, Plumadore claimed he realized his mobile home door was unlocked and that Aliahna was gone. He said Aliahna's sisters told him the young girl had left with her mother.

Souders said Plumadore’s falsehoods led to a delay in notifying the police.

The Fort Wayne mobile park is home to 15 registered sex offenders. Plumadore is not a registered sex offender, but he has a criminal record in Florida and North Carolina for trespassing and assault.

Plumadore is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday morning. A judge ordered him to be held without bail or bond at an initial hearing Tuesday. He has not yet been formally charged in Aliahna's death.

Free CP Newsletters

Join over 250,000 others to get the top stories curated daily, plus special offers!


Most Popular

More Articles