Naomi Campbell Attacked, Seen in Wheelchair as French Officials Question Robbery

Naomi Campbell, 42-year-old British model, was reportedly violently attacked in Paris recently but French police officials are questioning what really happened.

Campbell was the subject of a New York Post report where a source revealed that she was "knocked over and robbed" which resulted in a torn ligament in her leg. While Campbell has reportedly been using a wheelchair and crutches to move around after the alleged attack, some French police officials have questioned whether the model was attacked in their country.

"A high profile celebrity being attacked in Paris would be something everybody remembers," a police source said in a Daily Mail U.K. report after reportedly checking December crime reports. "If such a serious crime had taken place then a criminal inquiry would have started by now -- especially if the victim ended up in a wheelchair."

Still, a source told the New York Post that Campbell underwent a serious ordeal.

"It was terrifying. Naomi believes the assailant had been watching her, casing her out, and waited for a moment to strike when she was alone," the source reportedly told the Post. "She was attacked in the street as she hailed a cab, and robbed."

Although the Post revealed that the attack happened about a month ago, the source is only recently speaking up about it in the publication. According to the source, Campbell was forced to sustain injuries to her leg.

"Her leg was injured as she was violently pushed to the ground," the source told the New York Post. "She was understandably very upset and shaken up."

The publication reported that the model's boyfriend, Vladimir Doronin, flew her to Vail, Colo., where she was treated by a respected orthopedic surgeon.

Although the Daily Mail has featured an image of Campbell in a wheelchair on their website and Web users have shared it on Twitter and other photo-sharing networks, the model refused to speak about the incident with the New York Post.

"I am sorry, I do not talk to press, but I am fine," she told the Post.