Once more President Obama proclaims June to be the "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender [don't forget Transgender] Pride Month." Every federal worker and member of the armed forces received a presidential proclamation in their email. It labels all opposition to homosexual behavior as "prejudice," which, in effect, declares all traditional Christians to be bigots and enemies of the state's ideology of sexual "diversity."
"... We celebrate the proud legacy LGBT individuals have woven into the fabric of our Nation, we honor those who have fought to perfect our Union, and we continue our work to build a society where every child grows up knowing that their country supports them, is proud of them, and has a place for them exactly as they are.... I call upon the people of the United States to eliminate prejudice everywhere it exists, and to celebrate the great diversity of the American people."
With all due respect to the President, I do not celebrate as a "proud legacy" the advancement of an agenda that provides incentives for young people to dishonor the Creator's stamp of gender by treating their maleness or femaleness as only half intact in relation to their own sex, as though they were half-males or half-females needing to supplement their sex structurally through sexual union with someone of the same sex.
I do not celebrate as a "proud legacy" a form of behavior that, owing to the absence of a true sexual complement and thus a moderating influence on the extremes of a given sex, increases the risk of high numbers of sex partners, high relational turnover, sexually transmitted infections, and mental health problems.
I do not celebrate as a "proud legacy" the raising of children in "families" where such self-dishonoring, unstable, and harmful practices are modeled before vulnerable children.
I do not celebrate as a "proud legacy" profane, hyper-sexualized "gay pride" parades and workplace celebrations.
I do not celebrate as a "proud legacy" the elimination of public recognition of gender differences such that men confused about their sexuality are permitted to use female restrooms, young people are encouraged to cross-dress, and persons of all ages are given help to mutilate their bodies in a vain effort to become the sex that they are not.
And I do not celebrate as a "proud legacy" the attendant deprivation of civil and religious liberties and escalating discrimination against those who rightly believe the Scriptures from Moses to Jesus and Paul that homosexual practice is sin.
Assault on Our Liberties and Persecution of Our Children
According to our president, that makes those of us who question the "proud legacy" proponents of prejudice and deniers of diversity who must be bullied into silence.
Why would any Christian vote for a politician who treats their beliefs about human sexuality as bigotry and seeks to codify that view into law, such that it leads to discrimination against their families and themselves?
What happens when a president uses the bully pulpit and the awesome powers of the presidency to advance the "LGBT" agenda both nationally and internationally?
- Christian organizations could be deprived of federal contracts and grants if they don't practice affirmative-action hiring of homosexually active applicants who don't share the Christian values of the organization.
- Members of the armed services, including officers and chaplains, are already required to promote the celebration of sexual "diversity" or face the prospect of disciplinary action.
- Religious ministries, seeking to help persons struggling with same-sex attractions, are being banned from helping willing minors and sued by multi-million dollar LGBT advocacy groups.
- More Christian colleges will be threatened with loss of accreditation if they do not allow LGBT advocates to present their views on campus.
- More Christian broadcasters and sports writers will be terminated if they post on Facebook that they are against "gay marriage."
- Christian florists, bakers, and photographers will continue to be fined up to $130,000, plus court costs, if they decline to contribute their artistic talents to a "gay wedding."
- Christian children are being indoctrinated to accept the notion of two fathers or two mothers and that it is a beautiful thing for boys to dress up like a "princess." Christian parents are being denied the right to have their children excused from presentations that promote homosexual activity with graphic images and descriptions.
- Christian college students will continue to be ridiculed in the classroom for their stance on homosexual practice and denied voice. Campus Christian organizations will increasingly be refused college recognition and funds if they do not permit homosexually active students as officers. They will increasingly be required to pay for extra security for speakers defending marriage as a union between man and woman (even though campus advocates for homosexual and transsexual activity are responsible for the unsafe environment).
On and on the list goes, and it will only get worse because Supreme Court appointees (mostly of Obama and Clinton) will ensure that "gay marriage" becomes the law of the land, even though such action is clearly legislating from the bench without constitutional authority.
Christians who previously cast their ballot for politicians who promoted the "LGBT" agenda are now causing us all to reap the political whirlwind. It is already late in the hour of protecting our rights as free citizens of this great republic. Act for our children's sake while you still can.