Election 2018 Polls: Slight Gains for Trump, GOP


FiveThirtyEight's Senate midterm election prediction, updated Monday, Sept. 24, 2018. | (Screenshot:

Despite the talk of many pundits about a "Blue Wave" hitting Congress, FiveThirtyEight has predicted that the Republicans will maintain control of the Senate.

In a report updated Monday, FiveThirtyEight gave the GOP a 68.8 percent chance of keeping control of the upper house; Democrats only received a 31.2 percent chance of taking control.

This is a slight improvement for Republicans compared to last week, when FiveThirtyEight gave them a 66.1 percent chance of maintaining a Senate majority. It is also slightly worse odds for Democrats compared to last week, when they were give a 33.9 percent chance of taking over.

In their "Senate No Toss Ups 2018" map, which was accessed Monday, RealClearPolitics predicted that the Republicans would have 51 seats and the Democrats would have 49, forecasting a GOP Senate majority.

This is a slight difference from the map's prediction that was accessed last week, in which RCP had the Republicans having 52 seats and the Democrats having 48.

Follow Michael Gryboski on Twitter or Facebook

Was this article helpful?

Want more articles like this?

Help keep The Christian Post free for everyone by making a one-time donation today.

We’re sorry to hear that.

Hope you’ll give us another try and check out some other articles. Return to homepage.

Free Religious Freedom Updates

Join thousands of others to get the FREEDOM POST newsletter for free, sent twice a week from The Christian Post.

Most Popular

Free Religious Freedom Updates

A religious liberty newsletter that is a must-read for people of faith.

More In Politics