Election 2018 Polls: Slight Gains for Trump, GOP


FiveThirtyEight's House of Representatives midterm election prediction, updated Monday, Sept. 24, 2018. | (Screenshot:

FiveThirtyEight has predicted a strong likelihood that the Democrats will take control of the House of Representatives for the first time since 2010.

In data updated on Monday, the site gave the Democrats an 80 percent chance of regaining control of the lower house, versus a 20 percent chance that the Republicans will maintain their majority.

However, these numbers do represent a slight decline for the Democrats from last week, when they were given an 82.4 percent chance of taking control of the House.

Further, Republicans now have a slightly higher likelihood of maintaining control of the House compared to last week, when FiveThirtyEight gave them a 17.6 percent chance.

In their "Battle for the House 2018" map, accessed Monday, Real Clear Politics gave the Democrats 206 seats as either secured, likely, or leaning; by contrast, they gave Republicans 189 seats as secured, likely, or leaning. Forty seats were listed as "toss-ups."

This represented only a single change from last week, where Republicans had 190 going their way and 39 of the seats were labeled toss-ups.

Follow Michael Gryboski on Twitter or Facebook

Was this article helpful?

Want more articles like this?

Help keep The Christian Post free for everyone by making a one-time donation today.

We’re sorry to hear that.

Hope you’ll give us another try and check out some other articles. Return to homepage.

Free Religious Freedom Updates

Join thousands of others to get the FREEDOM POST newsletter for free, sent twice a week from The Christian Post.

Most Popular

Free Religious Freedom Updates

A religious liberty newsletter that is a must-read for people of faith.

More In Politics