From the nearly 7 million visits it received last year, King James Bible Online was able to determine the most viewed Bible verses of 2012. Topping the list was Psalms 23:4.
The most popular Bible passage reads: "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
The second most viewed Scripture passage on the King James Bible website was Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Coming in third was the well-known New Testament verse, John 3:16. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
The King James Version of the Bible, first published in 1611 A.D., is one of the most published books in history. In honor of the 400th anniversary in 2011, primary and secondary schools in England received copies of the KJV. It has been hailed as having a profound impact on the English language and culture.
The other most popular verses of 2012 on KingJamesBibleOnline.org were:
4. Genesis 1:1 – "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
5. 1 Corinthians 13:11 – "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
6. 2 Chronicles 7:14 – "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
7. Jeremiah 29:11 – "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."
8. Ephesians 6:12 – "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
9. 2 Timothy 1:7 – "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
10. Genesis 1:2 – "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."