Calling All Christians for the Health of Our Nation
God calls us to just and compassionate governance, and He calls us to engage the public square with conviction and love.
This is why World Relief and the National Association of Evangelicals have released a statement inviting all followers of Jesus – whether Democrats, Republicans or Independents – to join us in championing a biblically balanced public agenda and in seeking the health of the nation for the good of all people.
Christians will not always agree on the specifics of governance or the best roads to reform. However, we do hold many callings and commitments in common, including:
- Protecting Religious Freedom and Liberty of Conscience
- Safeguarding the Nature and Sanctity of Human Life
- Strengthening Marriages, Families and Children
- Seeking Justice and Compassion for the Poor and Vulnerable
- Preserving Human Rights
- Pursuing Racial Justice and Reconciliation
- Promoting Just Peace and Restraining Violence
- Caring for God’s Creation
These issues provide a platform from which evangelicals can engage in common action. As Christians, our involvement should model the servant call of our faith and the care and concern for the other. In doing so, we may find our political efforts not only strengthen the social fabric of our nation but also rebuild the plausibility of the Christian faith in the minds and hearts of our fellow citizens.
We invite you to sign the statement demonstrating publicly your commitment to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with our God.