I didn't vote for Trump. I also didn't vote for Hillary. I wrote-in. I based my decision largely on what I deemed to be the poor character of both candidates. Nonetheless, Donald J. Trump will be our next president.
For born-again Christians who did not vote for Trump, our reaction needs to be Christ-like. We need to lead the way by responding in a godly manner — and encouraging others to do the same.
Here are 10 ways for Never Trumpers to respond:
1. We need to pray for revival like never before.
2. We need to immerse our new president in prayer and resolve to always speak well of him.
3. We need to resist fear, anger and hopelessness like the plague.
4. We need to trust God and lean not on our own understanding.
5. We need to remember that we are citizens of the Kingdom of God — a Kingdom that cannot be shaken. We are just passing through.
6. We need to walk in love and be peacemakers to all around us.
7. We need to repent for any part we played in letting politics divide the Church and any negative rhetoric we used.
8. We need to remember that God is sovereign, is in complete control, and holds the universe in the palm of his hand.
9. We need to get our priorities back in order from the distractions of this election and be about the business of the Kingdom.
10. We need to become as articulate in explaining the Gospel to the lost as we were in explaining why Trump (or Hillary) shouldn't win.