Election 2018 Polls: Will There Be a 'Blue Wave'?


RealClearPolitics' "Battle for the House 2018" map, accessed Monday, Sept. 17, 2018. | (Screenshot: REALCLEARPOLITICS.COM/)

FiveThirtyEight has predicted a strong likelihood that the Democrats will take control of the House of Representatives for the first time since 2010.

In data updated on Monday, the site gave the Democrats an 82.4 percent chance of regaining control of the lower house, versus a 17.6 percent chance that the Republicans will maintain their majority.

FiveThirtyEight broken down their prediction to giving the Democrats a 10 percent chance they gain fewer than 18 seats, an 80 percent chance they gain between 18 and 61 seats, and a 10 percent chance they gain more than 61 seats.

In their "Battle for the House 2018" map, accessed Monday, Real Clear Politics gives the Democrats 206 seats as either secured, likely, or leaning; by contrast, they gave Republicans 190 seats as secured, likely, or leaning. 39 were listed as "toss-ups."

Follow Michael Gryboski on Twitter or Facebook

Was this article helpful?

Want more articles like this?

Help keep The Christian Post free for everyone by making a one-time donation today.

We’re sorry to hear that.

Hope you’ll give us another try and check out some other articles. Return to homepage.

Free Religious Freedom Updates

Join thousands of others to get the FREEDOM POST newsletter for free, sent twice a week from The Christian Post.

Most Popular

Free Religious Freedom Updates

A religious liberty newsletter that is a must-read for people of faith.

More In Politics