Family, Friends Turn to Prayer for 23-Year-Old Missing Since Super Bowl Sunday

The family of a missing Florida man is now turning to prayer after the young man has been gone for nearly two weeks.

Ryan Uhre, a 23-year-old aspiring lawyer who graduated from Florida State University last December, was reportedly last seen on Super Bowl Sunday. The young man was last seen leaving an area of downtown Tallahassee near Andrew's Capital Bar and Grill around 2 a.m., and has not been seen since. His friends reported him missing nearly a week later on Feb. 7.

Uhre's family will be holding a public prayer vigil for the young man's safe return at a Fort Lauderdale beach this Sunday. Social media accounts set up to get the word out about Uhre's disappearance have been flooded with messages of faith and hope, including one from Meredith Witt Haney, posted on the "Find Ryan Uhre" Facebook Page that read: "Praying for his safe return." The Facebook page has over 7,000 followers.

The Tallahassee Police Department held a press conference Friday saying they were stepping up their search for Uhre by deploying a K-9 unit specializing in "scent evidence" and also using a helicopter to comb the area where Uhre was last seen.

"TPD continues to search for Mr. Uhre, following up on all leads and interviewing anyone who may have had contact with him on the night he was last seen. At this time, there is no information to suggest foul play was involved in his case. TPD is working around the clock to reunite Mr. Uhre with his family members and will not stop until he has been found," the TPD said in a statement.

Along with not returning home since Super Bowl Sunday, Uhre also failed to show up at his internship at Rep. Richard Stark's office following his disappearance. The TPD has said they have ruled out a few false leads in Uhre's case, including one lead that suggested his phone had been used in Pompano Beach on Feb. 6, and another lead that suggested he had been seen leaving a different bar at a later hour on Feb. 2.

Uhre's father, Mike, told the local WSVN-TV that his son's disappearance is "unfathomable … heartbreaking," and that he and fellow relatives "are going to continue looking" for the young man.

"I know it's hard but see him safe, see him okay, stay as positive as you possibly can. You have so many prayers going out for him. Sending love, positive and light," wrote Celia Davis Guillen on the Find Ryan Uhre Facebook page.