Usher 'Distraught' Over Brain Dead Stepson, Raised Him 'As His Own'

Usher Terry Raymond is said to be an emotional wreck after doctors declared his 11-year-old stepson brain dead following a tragic jet skiing accident.

Kyle Glover, the son of Usher's former wife Tameka Foster, was struck in the head by a passing jet ski while riding on an inner tube in Lake Lanier, Ga., on July 7. Despite being air-lifted to Children's Healthcare at Egelston Hospital in Atlanta shortly after the incident, he has not had any brain activity since his arrival and both Usher and Foster are understandably "devastated," according to Hollywood Life.

"Usher is completely devastated and shaken with what has occurred. [He] is emotionally drained from the accident. He feels incredibly awful, distraught … it's been a complete rollercoaster of emotions," a source told HL.

The singer, who is currently embroiled in a bitter child custody battle with Foster, has put his differences aside and is said to be at Egelston Hospital by Foster's side.

"He grew close to Kyle and, of course, that has nothing to do with the situation with Tameka. He loved Kyle. This is a terrible, awful tragedy. Usher is torn up," a source told Us Weekly magazine.

"Tameka and Usher don't get along, but in this circumstance Usher is coming to her side. Usher practically raised Kyle as his own. He's known him for seven years. It is so sad what happened," the source added.

The 33-year-old divorced Foster in 2009 after two years of marriage, and although Glover is the son of Foster's ex-husband Ryan Glover, Usher helped raised him for several years.

The pair shares two sons together: Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd, 3, in addition to Glover.

While family and friends continue praying for a miracle, new reports confirm that the man who was driving the jet ski involved in the accident has been identified as Jeffrey S. Hubbard, an alleged family friend.


A 15-year-old girl has been identified as the second victim, who was injured in the accident while riding with Glover.

She was also air lifted to Egelston with Glover and reportedly suffered a broken arm and cut on the head.