Herman Cain Sexual Harassment: Fourth Accuser Tells Cain 'Make This Right'
A Fourth Woman Publicly Comes Forth To Accuse Cain of Sexual Harassment
Sharon Bialek, the fourth woman accusing GOP Republican Candidate Herman Cain of sexual harassment, held a press conference Monday to address her claims.
She is the first woman to publicly accuse Cain of sexual misconduct.
Bialek, a Chicago native and mother, claims Cain sexually harassed her while he was CEO and president of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s.
Bialek said she went to Cain seeking a job after she had been fired from the National Restaurant Association’s educational foundation.
He allegedly sexually harassed her from a parked car in 1997.
“He put his hand on my leg under my skirt and reached for my genitals," said Bialek to reporters. "He also grabbed my head and brought it to his crotch."
According to Bialek, Cain added to his physical advancements by saying: “You want a job, right?”
During the press conference, Bialek communicated a direct message to Cain: “I want you to come clean,” she said. “Make this right.”
"Just admit what you did, admit that you were inappropriate to people," she added.
Cain’s campaign is under public scrutiny after two women came forward last week and accused Cain of sexual harassment.
According to the Associated Press, a third woman also threatened to file a complaint against Cain, but chose not to as her coworker already did so.
The allegations arose Oct. 30, when Politico announced two female members of the National Restaurant Association filed for sexual harassment claims when Cain was the president of the organization nearly 12 years ago.
Politico also contends the women were given cash settlements in exchange for nondisclosure agreements. The claims included “conversations allegedly filled with innuendo or personal questions of a sexually suggestive nature.”
Due to their nondisclosure settlements, the women were unable to publicly come forth against Cain.
At the press conference Monday, Bialek said she does not plan to file a lawsuit against the GOP candidate, but rather hopes to give a face and a voice to the anonymous women whom Cain sexually assaulted.
Cain denies the validity of the reports.
"I have never sexually harassed anyone, and absolutely these are false accusations," said Cain to reporters, dubbing the entire ordeal a “witch hunt” as a smear attempt against his presidential campaign.
He also denied knowledge of a settlement. Later in the evening of Oct. 31, however, Cain admitted in interviews that “some sort of settlement or termination” had been reached.
Cain attempted to clear the air and argued the difference between an "agreement" and "settlement."
"I was aware that an agreement was reached. The word 'settlement' versus the word 'agreement' you know, I'm not sure what they called it," Cain told PBS.
This past weekend, Cain said he would no longer address questions concerning the sexual harassment allegations and said he wants to “get back on message” regarding his campaign.
Right-wingers continue to support Cain despite his flippancy concerning the allegations.
Donald Trump told Fox News the allegations were “very unfair,” while right wing political commentator Ann Coulter called the attacks “high-tech lynching.”
Cain, with his unorthodox promotional commercials, questionable 999 economic policies, and impromptu gospel singing, is considered an eccentric candidate for the Republican Party.
Cain is the former CEO of “Godfather’s Pizza” and is an ordained Baptist minister.