| Coronavirus →
Man Drinks Mountain Dew Finds Dead Mouse? (VIDEO)

Man Drinks Mountain Dew Finds Dead Mouse? (VIDEO)

A man has filed a lawsuit against PepsiCo claiming that a can of soda he bought out of a vending machine contained a dead mouse.


  • Group Fights Sale of Alcopops, Fast Food Beer
  • Coke Dropping White Cans After Complaints
  • Mentos and Diet Coke Rocket Car Breaks Distance Record (VIDEO)
  • Five Delicious Christmas Cookie Recipes

Ronald Ball, 52, from Madison County, Ill., explained that he tasted something wrong in the can of soda he got from a vending machine at his work, as reported by Fox News.

According to his lawsuit Ball claims that he "took a drink, and immediately became violently ill such that he began to vomit," the Madison County Record reported

"The contents of said can of Mountain Dew were immediately poured into a Styrofoam cup wherein a dead mouse was found," the lawsuit alleges. The incident happened in November 2009 and Ball is seeking $50,000 damages.

Ball sent the mouse to PepsiCo, along with a letter of complaint, but Ball believes the soda giant destroyed the body of the mouse which was the only evidence he had.

PepsiCo is fighting the lawsuit by claiming that it is impossible a dead mouse could be found in the soda can because the soda would have dissolved the mouse.

Veterinarian Lawrence McGill noted the mouse would have dissolved into a "jelly-like" substance after a prolonged stay in the liquid. The Can was sealed and shipped in April of 2008, according to The Smoking Gun.

McGill said he was: "familiar with the effects an acidic fluid, such as common soda drinks including Mountain Dew, will have on mice and other animals."

 Man’s Mountain Dew Mouse Story Challenged

He said if a mouse was submerged in Mountain Dew between four and seven days, the rodent "will have no calcium in its bones and bony structures." reports that one ingredient in Mountain Dew brominated vegetable oil could also turn mouse carcasses into jelly, and even dissolve the body completely if given enough time.

The substance is banned in Europe and Japan. The chemical is also used as a flame retardant and an additive in foam cushions and some plastics used in electronics.


Most Popular

More Articles