Dear Friends in Christ Who Will Pray for America,
Now is the time to pray for America. The year of 2019 before us yearns for God’s people from all over the world to pray for America. We are living in serious and critical times.
Call upon your church, friends, colleagues, and any leader in this nation: We need to pray for America.
Below are three prayer priorities I am asking you to agree upon with us at the National Day of Prayer. Please do all you can to forward and assist in this manner. Now is the time to pray for America.
Prayer Priority #1: Oh God, may You begin to raise up a Love One Another movement across America that forwards and advances Jesus’ words to us: Love One Another.
“Love one another. Just as I have loved you.” John 13:34
- Jesus tells us to love one another just like He loves us. This includes every person in America as well as every person in the world.
- Jesus wants us to love every person sacrificially, willfully, and unconditionally because this is the same way He loves us.
- Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to empower us to do the things that only God can do through us. Therefore, call upon God to move in our nation miraculously, replacing hate with love, division with unity, and criticism of one another with love for one another.
- Jesus, raise up a Love One Another movement across America.
Prayer Priority #2: Our Heavenly Father, we pray we will be used of God to build up America by blessing and adding value to each town and city in our nation.
“A city is built up by the blessing of the upright, but it is torn down by the mouth of the wicked.” Proverbs 11:11
- Heavenly Father, we are Christians, the ones made right by You; therefore, as the upright, may we fulfill Proverbs 11:11 in every town and city in the United States. May we bless each town and city by adding value to it in any way we can.
- Heavenly Father, Proverbs 11:11 says the wicked tear down with their words the towns and cities of our nation; but as the upright, may we choose to add value and bless them.
- Heavenly Father, we ask You to raise up godly Christian men and women in their towns and cities who will run for local office and use their influence to add value by forwarding and blessing the future generations in these towns and cities.
- Heavenly Father, we ask You to bless each town and city with the message and encouragement of Jesus Christ when He said, “Love one another” in John 13:34.
Prayer Priority #3: Lord, we ask You to be with the leaders in our local, state, and national governments as they work and make decisions together for the good of our nation.
Call out their specific names to God if you have them:
- Federal: executive, legislative, judicial
- State: executive, legislative, judicial
- Local: executive, legislative, judicial, police, fire, first responders
Pray for these leaders and civil servants to Love One Another by valuing one another, respecting one another, and working together for the greater good of our nation.
A Needed Request for Prayer: Dr. Ronnie Floyd, President of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, along with their very limited staff team, and all of the volunteers as they prepare at an accelerated pace for the 2019 National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 2; and for the financial needs of this national office to facilitate the National Day of Prayer to be met by the Lord and His people generously.
Originally posted at ronniefloyd.com