Casey Anthony Must Pay $100,000 for Caylee Murder Investigation

Casey Anthony has been ordered to repay nearly $100,000 in costs related to the investigation of the disappearance and death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, a Florida judge ruled Thursday.

Judge Belvin Perry issued the order that stated Anthony owed four state agencies a combined total of $97,676.98 – costs that accumulated between July 15 and September 29, 2008, while investigators searched for Caylee Anthony, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

The court ruling pertained only to the costs of Casey's convicted crimes. According to the Sentinel, it was still unclear exactly how Anthony would repay the fee.

Judge Perry's ruling follows the "Dr. Phil" interview with Cindy and George Anthony, which aired Tuesday and Wednesday.

The couple broke their silence in a two-part interview with Dr. Phil McGraw, who confronted the couple about particular elements regarding the contentious murder trial of their daughter, who was acquitted in July of killing their granddaughter, Caylee.

George Anthony, despite varying views on how Caylee died, revealed to McGraw that he believed Casey gave her daughter too much medication (to sedate the child) and helped hide her body.

"I believe that Casey or someone else that she was with, possibly gave too much [medication] to Caylee, she fell asleep and didn't wake up. That's what I feel," he said.

Cindy Anthony told Dr. Phil McGraw she believed her granddaughter drowned, while George firmly maintained that Caylee was drugged and Casey knew more about the situation than she let on.

Cindy also acknowledged the possibility that Casey knew where Caylee was buried and might have helped place the 2-year-old's body there.

"I believe Casey knew or had knowledge of placing Caylee there," Cindy told McGraw. "... I'm not justifying what Casey did. But until I find out what happened to Caylee and what happened to Casey that day, I have to live with what I know."

George added, "I think [Casey] was there and she probably had some help."

The Anthonys told McGraw that they had not spoken to their daughter since the "not guilty" verdict was read on July 5, 2011, and did not know where she was.

Casey Anthony was reportedly living in an undisclosed location to protect herself from people angry about her acquittal.

Free CP Newsletters

Join over 250,000 others to get the top stories curated daily, plus special offers!


Most Popular

More In U.S.